Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cowgirl Birthday Party {on a Budget}

Something about me is that I love to plan kids parties. I'm such an amateur. My parties aren't picture perfect, but Peach (my daughter) and I have fun checking out other blogs to get ideas.

My brother is a single dad, and he asked me to put together a family party for my niece who was turning 10. I decided to throw cowgirl party themed party. I googled cowgirl party, and found these cool printables that said "Cowgirl Up' .  I used them as my inspiration for the party. I dug through my stash of parties supplies and hit the jack pot. I  found some pink and brown ribbon, pink paper straws, confetti,  and pink paper plates (apparently I like pink).  I also found some pink and brown fabric that I collected. I'm not sure why I collect fabric because I don't even sew. Maybe because it reminds me of my Granny.

 For the drinks, I used small mason jars that I'd bought to make jam with. My daughter contributed the pink bandanna, the horseshoe, and the little plastic horses.

The menu revolved around food that I already had. I had meatballs in my freezer and a package of spinach dip in the cabinet that were just dying to get used up. I got the peanuts at Texas Roadhouse. I didn't know it until recently, but they let you bring some peanuts home when you eat dinner there. Granny bought that cute cake, and it turned out so adorable.

The party ended costing around $100. My niece lives out of state, and we don't get to see her very often so I wanted her to have a special memory of her party and of us. All of my siblings, & nieces and nephews were there and it was AWE- SOME.



Linking up here: Tatertots and Jello , Five Simple Things , Blissful and Domestic
 photo georgia-sig_zps8bdc7923.jpg

1 comment:

  1. too fun! lovin' the pink cowgirl boots!
    Thanks so much for linking up @ Inspire Me Fridays this week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete