Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Fun {Southern Style}

Last Sunday afternoon, we headed to my father in law's hunting club for a day of Fall fun. Hunting season hasn't started in Georgia yet, so we had to place all to ourselves. It was so nice just to get away, and enjoy being outside with the kids.

In Georgia, cotton is harvested in the Fall. Peach and Buddy were totally amazed to see the cotton fields.

 
 
Next, Peach got her first driving lesson. She's still years away from getting her license (thank goodness). It was nice to practice, and the smile on her face was priceless. I think I did a good job teaching her. I kept the 'freak outs' to a minimum.
 
 
Under the supervision of their Daddy and Pop. The kids got to shoot guns for the first time. We took proper safety precautions. They both took a gun safety course, and they were heavily supervised while shooting.
 
 
My husband made sure they had ear protection.
 
 
 



 
It was just an old clubhouse, and a field of cotton, but man was it fun. It reminded me that the simple things in life can be pretty awesome.
 
 
What are the simple things that you enjoy doing?
 
 
 

 


Linking up here: Tuesday: Homemade Ginger , The Blackberry Vine
Wednesday: Family Home and Life , Messy MarriageSomeday Crafts , We Are That Family, Simply Helping Him Thursday: Saving 4 Six , Real Coake.com Friday: Blissful and Domestic ,
The Grant Life Sunday: The Foley Fam

5 comments:

  1. Cute post! Going to be doing some shooting ourselves this weekend. Visiting from Someday Crafts link party.
    Catherine @ www.decoryouadore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. My blog is new and comments mean so much. Have fun shooting this weekend!

      Delete
  2. It really is the simple things in life that can be so much fun and memory-makers. As I reflect on the big trip my husband and I made over to England and Wales recently, I think my favorite times were when we were simply walking on the beach, hunting for shells, taking pictures and just being together. Sure, I loved the excitement of seeing all the English sights, but they weren't my favorites. Great photos and thoughts, Georgia! I'm not sure I've visited your blog before, so if I haven't, allow me to welcome you to Wedded Wed. I hope you keep coming back around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Thanks so much. The photos of your trip were amazing! I've always wanted to visit England. Your right though just being with loved ones is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day!! And oh my heck just thinking of my girl's being able to drive is so bittersweet :) Thanks for linkin up to Sunday FUnday!

    ReplyDelete